Poor inflow water quality, recirculation of tank water contaminated by fish diseases and discharging of pathogenic effluents can cause the failure of an aquaculture operation. UV disinfection is a versatile and proven method to eradicate these risks.
There are no aquaculture microorganisms known to be immune to UV Disinfection. As it is a chemical-free process, there is no risk of overdosing or formation of by-products, resulting in a process that is environmentally friendly and safe for fish and humans.
UV Guard has custom UV disinfection and treatment solutions for the following fresh water, brackish water and sea water aquaculture applications:
- Fish, crustacean and shellfish farming – improve quality and increase production yields
- Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) – ensure your systems are free from pathogens and allow higher densities of fish to be farmed safely
- Hatcheries – safeguard broodstock, hatching fish, larvae and fry by using non chemical pathogen protection methods at this highly sensitive farming stage
- Marine well boats – protect fish stocks during transportation to and from aquaculture farming facilities
- Aquariums and zoos – allow marine life to flourish whilst ensuring aquatic life is appreciated clearly by attraction visitors