The UV-Guard MPX-Series is a performance optimised and compact medium pressure UV system for commercial swimming pool, industrial process water, wastewater and potable water applications. The MPX-Series utilises market leading polychromatic medium pressure UV Lamps for disinfection and photochemical breakdown of oxidants, Chloramines, Chlorine, TOC and Ozone. Key to the efficiency of the MPX-Series is the technologically advanced variable power electronic lamp drivers providing smooth automatic UV Lamp dimming for ‘Optimised’ and customised ‘User Profile’ power modes. With it’s large HMI touchscreen and time stamped error log, the MPX-Series is operated and maintained with ease.
- 7” touchscreen HMI – Monitor UV System performance and manage settings with ease.
- Intelligent ‘Optimised’ mode – smooth automatic variable power of the UV Lamp according to changes in water quality.
- Customisable diurnal ‘User Profile’ mode – pre-define power setting for each hour of the day.
- Standard ‘Max’ and ‘Eco’ modes – manually change the UV Lamp output according to treatment requirements.
- Time stamped error log – check historical errors to assist with troubleshooting.
- Interlock UV Lamp safety device – prevents UV Lamp from being ignited outside of UV Reactor. Protects operators from being exposed to dangerous UV radiation.
- Two step UV Reactor over temperature management – reduces power of UV Lamps to manage overheating in the event of no flow. Shuts UV System down if critical temperature is reached.
- Easy to maintain – UV Lamps and Quartz Sleeves accessible from one end of UV Reactor.
- Market leading medium pressure UV Lamp technology – polychromatic UV spectrum for disinfection and/or breakdown of oxidants and combined Chlorine
- Advanced variable power Electronic UV Lamp Drivers – greater efficiency and less power with stepless variable power 14% – 100%
- Optimised UV Lamp configuration – designed using Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- In-line UV Reactor design – hydraulically efficient to minimise headloss.
- Certified ÖNORM UV intensity sensor – accurate UV intensity measurement to indicate water quality deterioration and control UV Lamp dimming functionality.
- Small footprint – install into existing plant room infrastructure or new plant rooms.
- Flexibility – horizontal and vertical installation.
- Multiple inlet and outlet types – match existing pipework for an easy retrofit.
- Building Management System (BMS) connection – 4-20mA, dry alarm contacts.
- SCADA integration options – Modbus TCP, Ethernet.
Commercial Pool Installation Flow Diagram
|UV Lamp and UV Intensity Sensor|
|UV Lamp Type||Medium Pressure Long Life|
|UV Sensor Type||Certified ÖNORM UV intensity sensor|
|Material||316L Stainless Steel Electroploished|
|Flange Size (Table E)||2″, 3″||3″, 4″||4″, 5″||4″, 5″||5″, 6″||5″, 6″||6″, 8″||8″||8″, 10″||10″||10″||12″||12″|
|Dimesions W x H (mm)||480 x 411||480 x 465||480 x 516||580 x 465||480 x 516||580 x 516||580 x 570||580 x 570||724 x 805||580 x 570||724 x 805||724 x 836||724 x 836|
|Max Pressure||10 bar|
|Optional Features||Manual and automatic quartz wiping, inlet and outlet flange type and size, customisable drain and sample valve locations|
|Material||Powder coated steel|
|Dimensions W x H x D||400 x 600 x 300||128l x 7.6w||400 x 600 x 300||600 x 600 x 300||400 x 600 x 300||800 x 800 x 300||600 x 600 x 300||800 x 800 x 300||800 x 1000 x 300|
|Driver Type||Electronic UV Lamp Driver|
|HMI||High resolution 7” capacitive multi-touch screen|
|Standard Features||UV intensity monitoring, UV Lamp safety interlocking device, two step over temperature UV Reactor protection, intelligent controller cooling|
|Optional Features||Modbus TCP, ethernet, dry alarm contacts, 4~20mA UVi, ducted cooling, greater protection class, stainless steel enclosure|
|Power Requirments||240V, 10A||240V, 15A||240V, 20A||3 Phase 415V||2 Phase 415V||3 Phase 415V|
*Disinfection capacity is the maximum flow rate to achieve a UV dose of 40 mJ/cm2 at the end of lamp life where UV Transmission (UVT) is 95%. Chloramine reduction capacity is the maximum flow rate to achieve a UV dose of 60 mJ/cm2 at the end of lamp life where UV Transmission (UVT) is 95%. UV dose rates calculated using ‘UVCalc®’ software.