A more sustainable and cost-effective solution to protect fish, shellfish and crustaceans at each stage of the farming process.
UV Water Disinfection for Aquaculture
Poor inflow water quality, recirculation of tank water contaminated by fish diseases and discharging of pathogenic effluents can cause the failure of an aquaculture operation. UV disinfection is a versatile and proven method to eradicate these risks.
There are no aquaculture microorganisms known to be immune to UV Disinfection. As it is a chemical-free process, there is no risk of overdosing or formation of by-products, resulting in a process that is environmentally friendly and safe for fish and humans.
UV Guard has custom UV disinfection and treatment solutions for the following fresh water, brackish water and sea water aquaculture applications:
- Fish, crustacean and shellfish farming – improve quality and increase production yields
- Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) – ensure your systems are free from pathogens and allow higher densities of fish to be farmed safely
- Hatcheries – safeguard broodstock, hatching fish, larvae and fry by using non chemical pathogen protection methods at this highly sensitive farming stage
- Marine well boats – protect fish stocks during transportation to and from aquaculture farming facilities
- Aquariums and zoos – allow marine life to flourish whilst ensuring aquatic life is appreciated clearly by attraction visitors
Coca Cola – Sugar syrup (liquid sugar) UV treatment
Coca Cola is a major manufacturer of beverages including soft drinks, bottled water, sports drinks and fruit juices. Coca Cola in Richlands Queensland was installing a new production line which required Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection for the sugar syrup application. The UV system on the existing production line also required an upgrade.
Tropical Ice – process water UV disinfection for ice manufacturing
Tropical Ice are an ice producer who supply over 110 tonnes of ice to their customers each day. Tropical Ice is one of the largest producers of high quality, food-grade ice in Australia. The water they use must meet all required Australian health regulations.
Veolia Validated UV disinfection for wastewater treatment plant
The construction of the 450 hectare Bingara Gorge community which included an 18-hole golf course required a Recycled Water Treatment Plant as it is a residential development located outside the normal wastewater network serviced by Sydney Water. Our customer Veolia was approached to build the project.
Get in touch
This website has lots about us.
But it’s your needs that matter most.
Stay up-to-date with our very latest news, technology, offers and events.